아래 내용은 영문 위키백과에서 발췌하였습니다.
The Amazon Spheres, part of the Amazon headquarters campus in Seattle
Trading name: Amazon
Formerly: Cadabra, Inc. (1994–95)
Traded as: NASDAQ: AMZN, NASDAQ-100 component, S&P 100 component, S&P 500 component
Industry: Cloud computing, E-commerce, Artificial Intelligence, Computer hardware
Founded: July 5, 1994; 24 years ago
Founder: Jeff Bezos
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, U.S.
Area served: Worldwide
Key people: Jeff Bezos (chairman, president and CEO), Werner Vogels (CTO)
Products: Amazon Appstore, Amazon Echo, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Prime, Amazon Video, ComiXology
Revenue: US$177.866 billion (2017)
Operating income: US$4.106 billion (2017)
Net income: US$3.033 billion (2017)
Total assets: US$131.31 billion (2017)
Total equity: US$27.709 billion (2017)
Number of employees: 613,300 (2018)
Subsidiaries: A9.com, Inc., AbeBooks, Amazon Air, Alexa Internet, Amazon Books, Amazon Game Studios, Amazon Lab126, Amazon Logistics, Inc., Amazon Publishing, Amazon Robotics, Amazon.com Services, Inc., Amazon Studios, Amazon Web Services, Inc., Audible Inc., Body Labs, Book Depository, Digital Photography Review, Goodreads, Graphiq, IMDb, Ring, Souq.com, Twitch.tv, Whole Foods Market, Woot, Zappos
1. Annual report 2017. Seattle, Washington: Amazon. 4 April 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
2. "AMAZON.COM, INC. FORM 10-K For the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2017" (XBRL). Google Finance. August 5, 2018.
3. Levy, Nat (October 25, 2018). "Amazon tops 600K worldwide employees for the 1st time, a 13% jump from a year ago". www.geekwire.com.
4. "California Secretary of State Business Search". www.businesssearch.sos.ca.gov.
5. "Amazon bought Whole Foods a year ago. Here's what has changed". www.finance.yahoo.com.