아래 내용은 영문 위키백과에서 발췌하였습니다.
Trading name: Amazon
Formerly: Cadabra, Inc. (1994–95)
Traded as: NASDAQ: AMZN, NASDAQ-100 component, S&P 100 component, S&P 500 component
Industry: Cloud computing, E-commerce, Artificial Intelligence, Computer hardware
Founded: July 5, 1994; 24 years ago
Founder: Jeff Bezos⁽¹⁾
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, U.S.
Area served: Worldwide
Key people: Jeff Bezos (chairman, president and CEO), Werner Vogels (CTO)
Products: Amazon Appstore, Amazon Echo, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Prime, Amazon Video, ComiXology
Revenue: US$177.866 billion⁽²⁾ (2017)
Operating income: US$4.106 billion⁽²⁾ (2017)
Net income: US$3.033 billion⁽²⁾ (2017)
Total assets: US$131.31 billion⁽²⁾ (2017)
Total equity: US$27.709 billion⁽²⁾ (2017)
Number of employees: 613,300⁽³⁾ (2018)
Subsidiaries: A9.com, Inc.⁽⁴⁾, AbeBooks, Amazon Air, Alexa Internet, Amazon Books, Amazon Game Studios, Amazon Lab126, Amazon Logistics, Inc.⁽⁴⁾, Amazon Publishing, Amazon Robotics, Amazon.com Services, Inc.⁽⁴⁾, Amazon Studios, Amazon Web Services, Inc.⁽⁴⁾, Audible Inc., Body Labs, Book Depository, Digital Photography Review, Goodreads, Graphiq, IMDb, Ring, Souq.com, Twitch.tv, Whole Foods Market⁽⁵⁾, Woot, Zappos
1. Annual report 2017. Seattle, Washington: Amazon. 4 April 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
2. "AMAZON.COM, INC. FORM 10-K For the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2017" (XBRL). Google Finance. August 5, 2018.
3. Levy, Nat (October 25, 2018). "Amazon tops 600K worldwide employees for the 1st time, a 13% jump from a year ago". www.geekwire.com.
4. "California Secretary of State Business Search". www.businesssearch.sos.ca.gov.
5. "Amazon bought Whole Foods a year ago. Here's what has changed". www.finance.yahoo.com.